EDUCATION • BEST PRACTICES • TREND OPINIONS
MULTI-SITE FACILITY MANAGEMENT
Hosted by Dianna Hart
Considering Assets, Inventory and Barcoding?
The Top 8 Things You Should Know
Thursday, Nov. 16 | 10am PT/1pm ET
Many asset-heavy organizations are considering implementing a barcode based system to track and manage inventory. Is this a good choice for your organization?
Using a barcode process to scan assets into a CMMS / facility management database offers many advantages:
- Allows for equipment specific maintenance requests – vs generic: With a complete equipment inventory, any employee can scan the tag and create a work order tied to the specific piece of equipment – This allows maintenance/contractor to respond with the correct parts and equipment.
- Warranty: With a complete equipment inventory that includes equipment tags, work orders can be compared to warranty information and routed thru OEM instead of maintenance contractor. This savings quickly covers the initial investment into the barcoding.
- Accuracy: Barcode scanning minimizes the risk of human errors, as accuracy is crucial for maintaining the integrity of asset records.
- Reduced Labor Costs: Barcode scanning reduces the need for manual data entry and associated labor. Over time, these labor cost reductions can be significant.
- Compatibility with CMMS: Barcodes can seamlessly integrate with CMMS systems. This integration simplifies asset tracking, maintenance scheduling, and reporting, improving overall asset management.
The combination of reduced labor costs, improved accuracy, and enhanced efficiency leads to overall cost savings. In this Fexa & Friends Network Show, we’ll examine:
- What’s the overall benefit to implementing a barcode system
- What choices need to be considered
- Should companies outsource or self-perform
- How to get maximum value out of an inventory project
The Network has received your registration.
You will receive a confirmation email. If you don’t see it, check your Spam or Junk folders. Whitelist the “@zoom.us” domain to ensure you receive confirmation and reminder emails for this and all Network shows you register for.
You will receive a link to the recording of the presentation whether or not you were able to attend the live show.
Thank you and we look forward to seeing you soon!