Fexa · United States (Remote)
What is the opportunity?
The Director of Engineering will initially be responsible for overseeing the re-architecture of an application
of a recent product line. Initial main responsibilities will include working closely with the CTPO to improve
and refactor the acquisition portfolio so that it can serve as a robust standalone product as well as integrate
with our existing product portfolio. This position will include direct reports for the project including
Developers, QA, and DevOps. This position will have a strong partnership with the broader Engineering
and Product Teams at Fexa, later supporting future integrations and executing the roadmap strategy long-
Duties and Essential Job Functions
- Lead the planning and execution of critical refactors related to the acquisition portfolio, ensuring the
timely delivery of a feature-complete product.
- Work closely with the Chief Technology and Product Officer as well as other key stakeholders to define
related project scope, goals, and deliverables ensuring that the product meets user needs and aligns
with the overall company strategy.
- Build and manage a high-performing team of engineers to execute the project, including sourcing
offshore candidates or vendors as needed and instill engineering best practices and standard
- Identify, implement and track that best practices are being followed and applied, including tools,
processes, patterns, and methodologies so that the quality, reliability, and scalability of the product is
- Build a strong culture and environment where individual engineers develop with quality, strive to
continuously improve, and consistently deliver on their commitments.
- Implement robust quality processes that encourage quality built-in and strong test coverage such as
test-driven development and pair programming (when applicable).
- Be highly engaged in the recruiting and interviewing processes helping us to identify and attract highly
skilled team members.
- Participate regularly in code reviews with the teams to ensure consistency between teams, learnings,
- All other responsibilities as assigned by the CTO.
Client Service: Demonstrates strong commitment to meeting the needs of both internal and external
customers striving to ensure their satisfaction.
Organization: Establishes a systematic course of action for self or others to ensure the accomplishment of a
specific objective. Sets priorities with an appropriate sense of what is most important and plans with an
appropriate and realistic sense of the time demand involved.
Communication: Creates an atmosphere in which timely and high-quality information flows smoothly up
and down, inside, and outside of the company; encourages open expression of ideas and opinions.
Decision Making: Makes decisions authoritatively and wisely, after contemplating various available courses
of action. Refrains from "jumping to conclusions" based on no, or minimal, evidence; takes time to collect facts before decision-making.
Initiative: Does more than is required or expected in the job; does things that no one has requested that
will improve or enhance products and services, avoid problems, or develop entrepreneurial opportunities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or related experience; minimum of fifteen
(15) years of experience within Technology preferred.
- Five (5) years of experience in a key leadership role overseeing a technology function.
- Skills in strategic planning and execution, including the ability to align goals with those of the
- Experience in implementing effective and innovative software development methodologies.
- Operations experience in a production environment.
- Proven ability to lead a progressive engineering group.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Sound writing and speaking skills.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and motivate professional staff.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning new technologies.
- Business acumen, including the ability to apply fundamental budget planning and management and
human resources management.
- Knowledge of most technology languages is preferred.
How to Apply
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and put the job title in the subject line
Stay ahead of the curve with our insightful articles, expert opinions, and innovative trends. We are committed to providing you with valuable information and industry insights to help you optimize and manage your facility more effectively.
Why Manual Systems and Processes Are Limiting Your Ability to Maintain Assets and Make Optimal, Data-Driven Decisions
Manual processes in a complex facility and asset management environment often results in data errors, inefficiency, lack of standardization, limited scalability, challenges in analysis and reporting, compliance risks, limited visibility and control, and dependency on...
It is no accident that a broad and diverse community of customers are joining the Fexa Facilities Management community to find a better solution to help them deliver better outcomes for their business. We design and support our solutions to be highly configurable...
Now more than ever, facilities teams and their functional partners across the business face new opportunities and challenges each and every day. To achieve real value and ROI from a facilities management software solution you need a solution that is highly...