Use Case: Acquisition Integration
Integrating New Locations
Easily Do More with Same Facilities Management Team
A large furniture retailer needed to integrate new locations when they acquired a small boutique chain to expand its footprint and product portfolio. The facilities management team was challenged to onboard the new members of the store fleet on time and within budget without adding incremental headcount.
Schedule some time for us to share how Fexa could help you!
The newly acquired chain did not have any system in place for facilities management, using spreadsheets & a company “yellow pages.” for vendor dispatch. Additionally, because of the unique nature of the acquired brand – the store footprint was considerably different. The goal was to reconfigure the locations in order to accommodate a more expansive “back of store” warehouse function to fulfill e-commerce promotions of the newly added product lines.
Acquired stores would need to be onboarded to the new system rapidly without adding facilities managers. Personnel from the new stores and any incremental vendors needed to be trained to achieve a smooth transition. Store reconfigurations work and spend would be handled as multi-trade, multi-work order projects and be managed to budget compliance.
Projects and integration completed on time and on budget.
No additional facilities management team members were required.
New stores loved the new system, and found it super easy to learn and use!
GAME PLAN WITH FEXA
- Create a new Fexa Custom Workflow to accommodate new store variations as required.
- Take advantage of Fexa’s Multi-vendor / Multi-trades Project capability to use for those stores where planned reconfiguration efforts are required. Work with real estate, construction, & distribution teams to assure all timelines would be covered and accounted for.
- Create new Strategic Custom Fields, specifically requested by the accounting team to easily track and report on integration efforts against budget.
- Configure and Automate a run of weekly custom reporting exports to be sent to the team managing the overall acquisition integration via email.
- Create video training for the new store managers and insert hyperlinks right in the work order screens for easy need to know access as they get used to the new system.
- Sign up the vendors for the Fexa Vendor training and get them to download the Fexa Mobile App for role-based access to the platform. Utilize additional custom communications to guide new users with the system.